Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Final preparations for our Arctic adventure!


I am so excited to go to Iceland.  I am looking forward to many things…
…seeing glaciers and volcanoes as I drive a huge 4X4 Land Rover across the wilderness,
...learning about how Icelanders use hot springs to produce electricity,
…eating wacky fish dishes (like rotten shark, an infamous local delicacy!),
...swimming in the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa,
…experiencing over 20 straight hours of daylight – it’s only dark for a little while each night. (I think I better bring an eye shade!)

Amanda and I are sitting here at Panera in Porter Square hatching plans.  We have a big shopping trip to buy hiking gear and a rock-climbing lesson scheduled for Monday, and we leave Wednesday for Reykjavik.  Check back soon for updates!

1 comment: