Saturday, August 2, 2014

Tomato Soup for the Icelandic Soul

Who needs chicken soup for the soul when you can have freshly made tomato soup? Today I had the best and freshest tomato soup ever! The tomatoes are grown in greenhouse that uses geothermal energy to heat it and water for the tomatoes! The best part... Bees! The farmer has a colony of bees shipped every 6-8 weeks to pollinate the tomatoes! Basil anyone?




After my delicious cup of soup, Kristen and I visited the waterfall Gullfoss, hiked the geysers, and visited pingvellir. Yes! I made it up another one!!



The waterfall was beautiful and so powerful it send a wall of mist up to walk though! 

 Finally we headed to Pingvellir, the  first national park of Iceland. It is both a national treasure and a geologist's dream!! The first Viking parliament was held here. It is also the site where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet! It's quite unbelievable that you can actually see the place where the cracks are pulling apart and new earth is formed below! 

1 comment:

  1. Just amazing, Amanda...I have had many people comment on your adventure! I am learning so much!

    ReplyDelete